Provider Attitudes toward Cardiac Rehabilitation and Referral
(by provider we mean any regulated healthcare professionals that treat patients indicated for cardiac rehab and that are eligible to refer patients; e.g., physicians, advanced practice nurses)
Find it here:
Ghisi, G.L.M., & Grace, S.L. (2019). Validation of the Provider Attitudes toward Cardiac Rehabilitation & Referral (PACRR) scale. Heart, Lung & Circulation;28(8):1218-1224.
AAM version of the full-text available here: http://hdl.handle.net/10315/38289
PACRR Scale (Eng.) PACRR Scoring
We welcome requests to administer this scale; Kindly email me (email@example.com). Please cite the above when using it. I am happy to help too (including efforts to mitigate identified clinician-level barriers), as requested.
PACRR - Chinese (courtesy Yun-Mei DING, School of Nursing, Qingdao University; link to validation publication forthcoming).
Brazilian-Portuguese translation is also underway.
If you wish to translate the scale to another language: There may be translations available or others working on translations, and I could put you in touch. If not, there are best practices for translation, cross-cultural adaptation and validation that should be used; I could point you to some resources if requested. Ultimately, I could post your translation to this website as well, giving you credit if you agree, in case others wish to use and cite it.
Other PACRR Citations
- Grace SL, Evindar A, Abramson BL, Stewart DE. Physician management preferences for cardiac patients: factors affecting referral to cardiac
rehabilitation. Can J Cardiol 2004;20:1101–7.
- Grace SL, Grewal K, Stewart DE. Factors affecting cardiac rehabilitation referral by physician specialty. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 2008;28:248–52.
- Grace SL, Gravely-Witte S, Brual J, Monette G, Suskin N, Higginson L, et al. Contribution of patient and physician factors to CR referral: a prospective multi-level study. Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 2008;5:653–62.
- Grace SL, Gravely-Witte S, Brual J, Monette G, Suskin N, Higginson L, et al. Contribution of patient and physician factors to cardiac rehabilitation enrollment: a prospective multilevel study. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 2008;15:548–56.
- Cuenza LR, Gacrama EN, Tan K, Quito BJ & Ebba E. (2016). Physician factors affecting cardiac rehabilitation referral among cardiac specialists: The Philippine Heart Center CRAVE study. J Clin Prev Cardiol; 5:44-50.
- Okeowo, A., & Spencer, G. (2020). Implementing an educational program to increase referral rates to cardiac rehabilitation. Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association Annual Symposium. 2020-815-Poster.pdf (pcna.net)